The CompTIA Security+ Certification (SY0-4301 exam) is a vendor neutral credential. The CompTIA Security+ exam is an internationally recognized validation of foundation-level security skills and knowledge, and is used by organizations and security professionals around the globe.
- Network Security
- Compliance and operational security
- Threats and vulnerabilities
- Application, data and host security
- Access control and identity management
Security+ certification meets DoD 8570.01-M IAT 2
The U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) requires every CompTIA-certified IA workforce member to obtain a CompTIA CE credential as part of DoD 8570.01-M.
DoD personnel who take a CompTIA exam after Dec. 31, 2010 are automatically enrolled in the CE program. Entry into the program can only be attained by passing one of the exams.
CompTIA Security+ not only ensures that candidates will apply knowledge of security concepts, tools, and procedures to react to security incidents; it ensures that security personnel are anticipating security risks and guarding against them.
The CompTIA Security+ exam (SY0-401) will certify that the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to identify risk and participate in risk mitigation activities, provide infrastructure, application, operational and information security, apply security controls to maintain confidentiality, integrity and availability, identify appropriate technologies and products, and operate with an awareness of applicable policies, laws and regulations.
- 5 Days of Expert Security+ Training Instruction from instructors with real-world experience and deep knowledge of course content.
- Guaranteed access to Expert Instruction in an intimate and comfortable learning setting.
- Boot camp style training — Our instructors are available from 8 am to 9 pm every day. Course runs from 8 am to 5 pm daily with optional instruction and exercises to 9:00 pm.
- All meals, snacks and refreshments included.
- Security+ (SYO-401) exam fees.
- Course material with backpack.
SBS’ 100% Satisfaction & Human Capital Guarantee
SBS is committed to you having the best possible training experience available. We offer students the opportunity to re-sit a Classroom-based or Live Online course tuition-free for up to one year or until the student obtains certification, whichever comes first.
Convenient On-Site Training
At SBS we offer the convenience of training at our location for classes of 10 or more students. Get Security+, Ethical Hacker, Certification Training FAST on-site at Strategic Business Systems.
Contact us to request a group training event at your location.Groups of 8 or more, we’ll come to you! Please contact us for more details.
SBS’ Expert Instructors possess strong consulting, implementation and training expertise. Our security professionals come from diverse roles including positions in DoD IT, consulting, project management, information security, and information technology. Our training team has supported public and private corporations, Department of Defense, and US Military organizations around the world.
Companies That Hire CompTIA Security+ Certified Pros
Below are a few of the corporations and government organizations that recommend or require CompTIA Security+ certifications for their IT staff or partners.
Canon, CDW, Dell, FAS (Ireland), HP, L-3 NSS, Oxford & Cambridge, Ricoh and the U.S. Department of Defense
Career Informational Videos
Security+ Course Details
- The Information Security Cycle
- Information Security Controls
- Authentication Methods
- Cryptography Fundamentals
- Security Policy Fundamentals
Security Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Social Engineering
- Physical Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Network Based Threats
- Wireless Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Software Based Threats
- Network Devices and Technologies
- Network Design Elements and Components
- Implementing Networking Protocols
- Apply Network Security Administration Principles
- Secure Wireless Traffic
Managing Application, Data, and Host Security
- Establish Device/Host Security
- Application Security
- Data Security
- Mobile Security
Access Control, Authentication, and Account Management
- Access Control and Authentication Services
- Implement Account Management Security Controls
- Install a CA Hierarchy
- Enroll Certificates
- Secure Network Traffic by Using Certificates
- Renew Certificates
- Revoke Certificates
- Backup and Restore Certificates and Private Keys
Compliance and Operational Security
- Physical Security
- Legal Compliance
- Security Awareness and Training
- Risk Analysis
- Implement Vulnerability Assessment Tools and Techniques
- Scan for Vulnerabilities
- Mitigation and Deterrent Techniques
Managing Security Incidents
- Respond to Security Incidents
- Recover from a Security Incident
Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning
- Business Continuity
- Plan for Disaster Recovery
- Execute DRPs and Procedures
Review and Test Taking Skills
Sit for CompTIA SYO-401 Exam